Dear Beloved in Christ
I’m sure by now, and upon receiving this letter, you have heard about the increasing number of cases reported from Covid and this new Omicron variant hitting the Greater Milwaukee area.
Your Staff and Board of Directors have been in close communication with me, as we continue to be in conversation on the protocol, along with wanting to keep everyone safe, by reducing any spread further of this virus.
This being said, we’ve had to make some very difficult decisions in regard to the operations of the church, which includes worship, programming and in-person gatherings.
Therefore, on of January 16, 2022, we returned to a Virtual Format for Worship and much of the Programming and Gatherings we produce.
In order to protect the most vulnerable among us, and based on recommendations from the CDC, The Wisconsin Council of Churches, The Greater Milwaukee Clergy Council, as well as our local health officials. The following has been put in place, on what you can do as we move forward:
- Continue to prayer for your pastor, staff, board of directors, and most of all one another.
- As of January 16, 2022, ALL in-person worship has been cancelled. This will be in effect until further notice, and we feel it is safe to return to in-person operations.
- We will return back to a virtual worship format, with worship still being held at 11:00AM. Access to connect to our Premiere Virtual Worship can be found on our Facebook and YouTube Pages:
Facebook – Click Here for link to Facebook
YouTube Pages – Click Here for link to YouTube
or by accessing worship from our website at milwakeemcc.org/worship-and-sermons-online.
- All programming, such as Brunch with the Pastor, Theology-on-Tap, POZ Spirit and other in-person type gatherings has been suspended until it is safe to reconvene in person. You will be the FIRST to know when that happens.
- Our Congregational Care Team is available and will provide care via telephone or email. If you have a care need, prayer or praise request, you can contact the church office (414-383-1100) or via email at email@example.com. Please leave a message with your information, the name of any particular board member or pastor if you’d to contact any particular individual, and someone to contact you back, You can also provide any prayer or praise requests by Tuesday of each week. The weekly Prayer & Praise email will continue to go out each Wednesday morning.
We are prayerful and ambitious that this will be a temporary situation. Please know that your Staff, Board of Directors, and your Pastor, will continue to monitor and be in close communication with our colleagues within the Greater Milwauke Faith Community accessing the situation as often as needed.
Being the strong Community of Faith, that we are, please continue to support your church financially. We need your faithfulness now more than ever so that we can sustain things during our physical absence. Bills still need to be paid, yours, as well as ours.
There are several ways you can support the church financially:
U.S. Postal Mail:
We have included some extra Offering Envelopes for your convenience.
- Send your financial gift via Check or Credit Card payment by mail to the church at: Milwaukee MCC, 1239 West Mineral Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204
- You can go directly online to our website to pay by Check or with Credit Card at:
https://www.milwaukeemcc.org/giving and click on the GIVE ONLINE Icon.
- You can also give online through PayPal, by going to:
- You can drop your check directly at the church through the mail slot at: 1239 West Mineral Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204
Knowing that these are unprecedented times in each of our lives, please be assured that we are doing everything we can to ensure that all gets back to normal soon.
Know that you are loved and held in prayer, not only by me, but each Staff Member and member of our Board of Directors.
Please leave me a message at the church or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further concerns.
The Staff, Board of Directors and I, want to thank you for your flexibility, cooperation, prayers and understanding, knowing that we will get through this once again! We did it before and we can certainly do it again!
Blessings to each of you!
Reverend Tory V. Topjian